Wednesday, June 10, 2015

lets begin

Hello,

My Name is Tiffany. I am a single mother of one his name is Jacob. Let me tell you about us. I graduated High school January 2009. A few months later I found out i was pregnant. I was pretty much alone in my pregnancy and i knew i would be raising this baby alone. I was a little nervous but i knew no matter what i would make it. I was going to be a great mother and although with no college education and low paying jobs that i could do it. The day he was born changed my life, i NO LONGER worried about other people after all i had this tiny little boy who depended on me now. I lost mostly all (pretty much all) of my friends when i was pregnant, I actually was fore warned about that. All I had now was family which was OK. But at 18 years old having a baby and knowing it was going to be a struggle at times. I am now 23 year's old and my son just recently turned 5 years old. He is now going to kindergarten in August which actually makes me a little sad. Since he was born I have went through my fair share of job's. He has also been in a daycare setting since he was a baby and just graduated pre-k. He has underwent two ear surgery's as he couldn't hear all that well. He fell behind in his learning abilities because of this. He was in special education classes with one on one time and speech therapy for the last two years. He also Has asthma. But what makes me a little sad about kindergarten is I was recently informed that he has now caught back up to where he needs to be so in kindergarten he will be starting REGULAR classes! I'm so proud of him but scared for him at the same time, His class for the last two years has only had a total of like 8 students. Now in Regular kindergarten there will be 23 kids in his class. He is scared and a little nervous but i tell him everything will be alright because ultimately it will be. Its just a new experience for us and everyone gets a little nervous about new things. I myself have dealt with my own battles i was diagnosed a few months ago with fibromyalgia. I have been in pain since middle school but everything just kept getting worse. I'm glad i at least know what is  causing the pain now anyways but i still have my doubts to whether fibromyalgia is what i really have or not. I have went to multiple doctors i HAVE been diagnosed with multiple conditions over the years because of my pain and my knee's giving way. On this blog I will continue to tell you about myself and struggles we all face but I will also tell you how rewarding it is as well. AFTER ALL  We have a thousand struggles we deal with when your a single mom. But we also have a thousand strengths. We overcome multiple obstacles on our own. But either way WE ARE STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment